Re: MERGE: bse2cxx-part4
- From: Tim Janik <timj gnu org>
- To: Stefan Westerfeld <stefan space twc de>
- Cc: Beast Liste <beast gnome org>
- Subject: Re: MERGE: bse2cxx-part4
- Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 18:17:36 +0200
On 01.08.2011 17:04, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
I've ported a few bse more sources to C++.
Great, the most parts look really good, thanks for doing the work.
Things that can still use polishing:
- gboolean -> bool
- "(gpointer)" -> "(void*)", no extra space, i.e. not (void *)
This is not ok:
- i = (guint) g_param_spec_get_qdata (pspec, ...);
+ i = (unsigned long) g_param_spec_get_qdata (pspec, ...);
Never introduce a long, it's an evil type that should never be used (see
my other emails on the list). Not even for 64bit pointer conversions
(breaks on windows). For pointer -> int conversions, you need to:
uint i = ptrdiff_t (some_pointer);
The very last commit regarding enum
conversion is a little odd, but required for g++-4.4 (see commit log).
Everything else should be straight forward, and make report passes within the
I can't reproduce any problem here, running:
gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.4.4-14ubuntu5) 4.4.5
Could you elaborate on the exact error you're seeing?
http://lanedo.com/~timj/ - Founder and CEO of Lanedo GmbH.
Free software author and contributor on various projects.
] [Thread Prev