Re: bsepcmdevice-jack.cc (Re: Beast Jack driver)

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006, Esben Stien wrote:

Tim Janik <timj gtk org> writes:

you said jack clients would always auto connect to alsa_pcm

This is wrong. The general consensus is that JACK applications should
never auto connect to anything. Connection management is handled
externally. There is talk of a new addition to the API, where the user
may set a flag to indicate if the application should auto connect to a
specific set of ports, but it's not there yet.

a flag for auto-connect settable by the user?
we could certainly add that to our preferences.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef e     s      a
        http://www. s     t    n m

---