thinking about additive synth

When thinking of an additive synth with 64+ sliders to pull I admit, im not
very pleased with that idea. I tried to find a way to reduce this in a more
practical manner. And I want to tell you, what idea I had:

I think the additive module should have only around 10 slider for harmonics.
And one slider to chose the multiplicator for the harmonics. Means if you
chose 1 you'll have the sliders for 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,.. harmonics, if its 2
you'll have 1, 2, 4, 6,... with 3 you got 1, 3, 6, 9, ... I think thats easy
to implement. With the third slider you can chose where the Reihe shall
start, for example with 5: 5, 6, 7, 8 or for 3th harmonics, starting with 5
5, 8, 11. If this is too complicated to implement you can also take the nth
of the Reihe as a  starting point for example for the 3th harmonics would the
starting point 3 then be 6 (harmonic^(startingpoint-1).

When you have simple waveforms you take one osc. If you need more osc for your
sound you take another module and there you put in the harmonics and add them
in a mixer. For practical matters this should work well and you are able to
build much more complex waveforms without putting 64 osc on your screen or
so.

When I had the idea that it would be nice to add for example a sort of
waveform as the origin for calculation I had that nice idea:

WHY NOT EXPAND THE OSC-MODULE?

With all the possibilities in the osc this additive component would have a
nice synergie. And the resulting waveform will be static anyways so why dont
we do this like this? Simple put that thing into the standard-osc?

There are many, many waveforms (I can sing you a song about organpipes, man)
that copy the original waveform on certain harmonics again. That principle is
very near to the aspect of physical modelling, cause the origin of a sound
often is resonanced on certain harmonics in nature.

This nice feature is cheap I think. Its a static one and should cost nearly no
cpu time.

What do you think about this?