Re: ADSR (DaHdsr)

Hi Hanno,

I'm not really involved in this project, so take my comments with a
grain of salt.

after watching your huge batch of mails in the past weeks, full of new
suggestions, I wonder if your invitation to feature creep is really the
way to go. The problem is not really BEASTS lack in features. The last
time I tried BEAST, it managed to crash itself in about under 3 minutes.
The project structure was archaic. There was lack of support for better
audio backends.

So I suppose what would really help development would be tracking down
the benevolent dictator in this project and bugging him about the bugs -
thus, doing some serious QA.

On development side, an upgrade of the project structure is required,
adding a proper lightweight build system (scons), support for either
rtaudio or portaudio v19 as an audio backend, and some serious
refactoring, which involves mainly: removing all the IDL crap, thinning
the code, and porting of the frontend to a scripting language such as
python, so new feature additions and bugfixes become easy, and people
stop worrying about e.g. 3 different types of complex types in the
code ;)

I would do this myself, but instead I decided to start my own tracker
project, and we're progressing fast.