Re: new icons [attached this time]

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, [iso-8859-5] °àâÕÜ ¿ÞßÞÒ wrote:

> On mer, 2004-09-08 at 09:14 +0200, Tim Janik wrote:

> > > I added 2 new icons (for routing and for mixer bus)
> >
> > cool, all in CVS already!
> >
> > i've attached a partial screenshot that shows two icons which could be
> > improved somewhat. one is a mockup of your part icons named "Link",
> > the other is the "Repeat" icon for songs. if you come up with better
> > ideas/icons, lemme know.
> > (in fact, that holds true for most icons in beast, many of the icons
> > i drew myself could be improved upon, so feel free to submit new
> > icons even for icons we already have).
> >
> ok... What do you think about redoing all icons in svg? (they can be
> rendered in png at least until beast can handle them natively)

hm, that'd mean we can also throw them out in different sizes, right?
i don't have much experience with svg, so, what (free software) tools
do you use for editing?
as long as you can produce a png file, basically everything is important,
even povray (and we'll definitely not supprot that natively ;) so if
you want to produce svg files, go ahead.

btw, i have been pondering for some while and stefan also has been nagging me,
about cooking up new dial, knob, scale and slider/fader widgets that support
scaled pixmaps.
that'll take some time to code though, but then still, we need decent pixmaps
to render those widgets (and we're both third-class artists ;), so if you are
interested in helping out on the pixmap side of this, i'll try to cook up a
proposal in the next few weeks on the image and coordinate format, so we can
toss around ideas on producing fancier faders and other widgets.

> > > Sure, what's wrong?
> >
> > erm, are there actually people who speak/read esperanto, so the
> > translation has actually a slight chance of being useful?
> >
> yess. Although I don't know the exact number of eo speakers, there're
> tens of millions or something like that.
>
> Also see
> http://l10n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.8/eo/index.html (not much but...)

oops, ok seems i need to get more informed about esperanto ;)
i'll add your translation in a bit.

> --Artem

---
ciaoTJ