Re: crash on "new custom synthesizer"

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, David NG McCallum wrote:

> You know, this last .6.2 version is the first one I've been able to
> compile. I was pretty happy about that.

what was the compilation error you were getting with older releases?

> But onto the problem...
>
> When I select "new custom synthesizer" Beast crashes with the error:
>
> GnomeCanvas-ERROR **: file gnome-canvas.c: line 3509
> (gnome_canvas_request_update_real): assertion failed: (canvas->idle_id != 0)
> aborting...
> Aborted

1.13 - BEAST crashes upon creation of new synthesis networks?
BEAST uses the GnomeCanvas Library to display synthesis networks. That library has a malicious redrawing bug in versions up to (including) 2.2.0.1 triggering an assertion if the code is compiled with debugging output, which looks like:

GnomeCanvas-ERROR **: file gnome-canvas.c: line 3509 (gnome_canvas_request_update_real): assertion failed: (canvas->idle_id != 0)
aborting...

This issue got fixed with version 2.2.0.2, so users encountering crashes with BEAST upon creation of synthesis networks will need to upgrade their GnomeCanvas Library to at least 2.2.0.2.

> I'm using RH9 with the Planet-CCRMA packages/kernel.
>
> Cheers,
> David
>
> ps. Also, searching the list archives on the web gives the error: "The
> requested URL /mailman/search was not found on this server." and has
> done so for a while.

ok, hadn't noticed yet, forwarded to gnome-sysadmin.

---
ciaoTJ