Re: Current status of OpenBSD BEAST

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, Nedko Arnaudov wrote:

> Nedko Arnaudov <nedko@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> > Any autoconf version that is available for OpenBSD is better for me.
> > From others, the newer is better for me unless you think otherwise. So
> > far I've not found autoconf related issues.
>
> Just found that 2.52 (the one that is closest to 2.50 and is available
> from OpenBSD ports) does not work for me. Here is tail of autogen.sh
> output:
>
> Running intltoolize...
> Hmm...  Looks like a unified diff to me...
> The text leading up to this was:
> --------------------------
> |--- Makefile.in.in.clean       Wed Oct 17 16:15:24 2001
> |+++ Makefile.in.in     Wed Oct 17 16:15:30 2001
> --------------------------
> Patching file po/Makefile.in.in using Plan A...
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 21 (offset 7 lines).
> Hunk #2 failed at 46.
> Hunk #3 succeeded at 88 with fuzz 2 (offset -4 lines).
> Hunk #4 failed at 214.
> Hunk #5 succeeded at 225 (offset -4 lines).
> 2 out of 5 hunks failed--saving rejects to po/Makefile.in.in.rej
> done
> autoconf-2.52: tracing failed
>
> This is against CVS HEAD latest (29 dec 2003)
> autogen.sh still succeeds with autoconf 2.58

ok, thanks, i've up-ed the dependancy in CVS now.

re file removal in diffs:

> > well, to remove the libtool files, i'd rather have have you send me:
> >   rm ltmain.sh
> > than a patch ;)
>
> I already said why I included them, because I made and sent patch and
> not shell script that makes beast use autoconf 2.58 and libtool 1.5
> The only way that I've found was the one -N option to diff. If smart
> shell scripts that patch beast sources are acceptable for BEAST
> community, this is something new to me. However wide use of diff/patch
> suite has reasonable background AFAIK. This is the reason.

i didn't mean a full blown shell script just an ordinary sentence, e.g.:
"hi tim, attached is a patch with the foo changes,
 please also do rm bar.h for things to work."

also, it'd be nice if patches included ChangeLog entries.

> --
> Nedko Arnaudov

---
ciaoTJ