[Banshee-List] Problem building Banshee with gudev-sharp-3.0

Hi,

When trying to build Banshee on Ubuntu 18.04 and 18.10, I encountered the same problem as many others encountered and reported: "The type or namespace name 'GUdev' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?"

Still, the DLL of this library was existing and its path was good. Then I had the (crazy) idea of replacing its DLL with the one from the version 1.0, that is to say replacing /usr/lib/cli/gudev-sharp-3.0/gudev-sharp.dll (from the libgudev3.0-cil package) with a copy of /usr/lib/cli/gudev-sharp-1.0/gudev-sharp.dll (from the libgudev1.0-cil package), and it worked, I could build Banshee without error!

The only problem I spotted is that the dropdown menu to autofill the playlist does not render the tree, but only two root options: Music and Videos. I'll try to work on that but I am new to GTK development...

Note that I worked from the feature/build branch of the artbtwm fork of Banshee.

When I build gudev-sharp from source, the DLL is exactly the same as the one provided by the libgudev3.0-cil Ubuntu package. Thus, it looks like something if broken with the gudev-sharp 3.0 DLL.

Is it possible? Can someone confirm it? Does someone can build Banshee with gudev-sharp 3 without problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Christian

Le 18-11-01 à 14 h 57, 7even a écrit :
Hi,

I have compiled Banshee 2 years ago and use these binaries since then. I can
remember that it was kind of hard to get it running and I had to disable
some modules that didn't worked for me.

There were some minor fixes and improvements I made to the code - the main
reason was a performance improvement/fix for the sql queries I discussed
somewhere here as well.

Just checked if I made notes on how to get it working, but found none.

Due to the PITA it was to get it working I avoided to build a new version
since then. But if someone starts a guide somewhere, this may change my mind
and I may contribute - though I won't promise anything!

Thanks all that contributed to this great piece of software!
Nicolas

-----
http://www.nskcomputing.de | http://www.site7even.de | http://x4fun.site7even.de
--