Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee syncs with iPhone, but I can't transfer songs

kensington314 wrote
However, when I try to put songs from my library onto my iPhone using
Banshee, it doesn't work. The songs
/
seem
/
 to be on the iPhone as files: when I disconnect my music library I can
play the songs through Banshee with my iPhone still attached.

But the songs are not there in the iTunes interface on my iPhone, and I
can find no way to locate or play them after disconnecting from my
computer.

I too have had this problem, and after a good deal of research I found that
libimobiledevice (the library that all Linux software uses to interact with
iOS devices) has not supported writing to the modern databases that iOS
devices use to handle music. As far as I can tell, it just treats the device
as a USB Mass Storage Device with songs accessible from computers. There may
be a method to access from a jailbroken phone, but jailbreaking is becoming
increasingly complicated as jailbreakers often don't hack the latest iOS
versions and you cannot restore to prior firmware revisions once updated
outside of a tiny window. The only method I have found to manage my iPhone's
music with the native Music app is to dual boot Windows and install iTunes.