Re: [Banshee-List] videos

I don't think we can legally support DVD ripping in that fashion. Displaying the import media option for DVDs is likely a bug.

Sendt fra Mailbox

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 2:24 PM, Greg <gmason07 comcast net> wrote:

New to Ubuntu and Banshee. After weeks of trying and loading gstreamer
files, I still cannot get banshee to import videos from a DVD. Import Media
requests always end up in the Music library and only audio plays. I can
play the videos from the command line using gst-launch, so I think I have
all the appropriate codecs. I have ripped the DVD using DVD::Rip and can
play the files from my Files. I have tried importing both directly from the
DVD and from the ripped versions. My media/import media shows options only
for folders and files (plus the online sources). I can move imported files
from my Music Library to the Videos library, but the results are always the
same -- no video. What am I doing wrong?