Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee doesn't even start on mac (10.9.3)

I am mentoring two GSoC students working on Banshee this summer. One of them, Stephen Sundermann, is working on making Banshee on OS X rock.

Currently we are ensuring that the build environment is functional and up to date. We are focusing on creating a gtk3 based build, aiming at shipping Banshee 3.0. So presently we are in kind of a flux state.

You can follow the progress here.

https://github.com/stsundermann/bockbuild/tree/banshee in the Banshee branch.

Essentially to get a build environment up and running you need to checkout that repo, go to the profiles/banshee directory and run ./darwin.py -bvr but it will likely fail to compile the required dependencies right now. Also the resulting Banshe build is based off master which is not in a releasable state right now.

I hope that we can get the build environment sorted out in the coming days, progress today has been very promising. We are hanging out on #banshee on irc.gimp.net if you want to help out or just follow along.

The other piece of good news is that Andres is my second student and he will be ensuring that Banshee 3.0 can finally be released.

I apologize for the lack of communication but I forgot to inform the community in the excitement of getting this work off the ground.

- David

Sendt fra Mailbox