Re: [Banshee-List] What happened to the context pane?

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 6:26 AM Mitch Deoudes <mitch houseofpain org> wrote:
Just updated to 2.6.2 (via a fresh install of Linux Mint 17.2), and now
my context pane has only one option, last.fm recommendations, where
previously there were several including wikipedia, etc.  Also, last.fm
recommendations just hangs with "Loading..." displaying in the pane.
Between this and the loss of the community extensions, 2.6.2 has been a
bit of a bummer.

For the missing features, please check that you've installed all the necessary packages from your distro, as they might be split in a separate package. If I remember correctly, Banshee 2.6.2 didn't bring any change in that regard.
For the issue with the Last.fr recommendations, please take a look at the log output, it might give an indication of what is going wrong : just run banshee from the command line with "banshee --debug"

Unrelated:  what's the deal with the banshee.fm website randomly popping
up a new window for something called "super-resume.com"? Has the site
become infected?

I don't see anything wrong with the banshee.fm website. No pop-up for me.
The website is static and hosted in GitHub, and the source is there :
https://github.com/BansheeMediaPlayer/BansheeMediaPlayer.github.io