Re: [Banshee-List] Problems putting music onto phone

I think the MTP was my problem in the past.  I'll try libmtp or a devel version.  Thanks

On Jul 1, 2014 1:52 PM, "Nicholas Little" <arealityfarbetween googlemail com> wrote:
If your phone has a 'USB Mass Storage' mode then you can use that and support will be as usual, more recent Android versions appear to be pushing MTP/PTP only, for which there is support in Banshee through libmtp.

If you can mount it in nautilus via MTP and reliably see files then Banshee should work too. The tricky part is that Banshee has to unmount the phone to get a connection. Usually with some cajoling you can get Banshee < 2.9 to recognise MTP devices but support is much better in the development version at the moment.