[Banshee-List] mkv metatags not imported: bug or not implemented?

Hi,

According to this page found on the web, banshee should be able since
2012 to read metatags from mkv files:
http://download.banshee.fm/taglib-sharp/2.1.0.0/taglib-sharp-2.1.0.0.news

Unfortunately, it is not clear, whether it can only read the few tags
available in the headers of the mkv file or whether it is able to read
the "fullfledged" metadata that are contained in an xml file embedded in
the mkv file?

Headers:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/doc/mkvmerge-gui.html#headereditor

"Fullfledged" metadata:
http://matroska.org/technical/specs/tagging/example-video.html

I added an xml file with some tags (artist, album, title, chapter
number, total chapter number, release year) to some mkvs derived from a
music dvd; but banshee does not show them. However, if I open the mkv
with VLC and choose the info menu in VLC, I can see the information
stored in the xml file embedded in the mkv file.

Thus, could anybody please tell me whether banshee 2.6.2 is not showing
the tags because of a bug or because reading the metatags from the
embedded xmltv file is not supported?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Ludi