[Banshee-List] volume control granularity

Is there any way of having finer control over volume?  If I scroll on the
button, it moves by 5%.  If click on +/-, it moves by a ridiculous 20%.  If
I grab it and drag it, I can sometimes get 2-3%, but it's incredibly fiddly
and I often have to overshoot in both directions a couple of times before I
can "nudge" it from odd to even or whatever, in order to then drag it back
to the next highest 1%.  Using the (very excellent, if simple) Banshee
Remote android app, I get 10%.

What I would really like is 1% for all these operations.  Or - and I don't
know if this is already the case - a properly logarithmic volume control.
At low listening volumes, the difference between 2-3% can be the difference
between being able to concentrate on work, and having the music be
intrusive.

There may be some compensation I could achieve with the system controls, but
I haven't yet found it.  The master volume widget looks like it's at about
75%, though there's no numeric indicator, so I don't know for sure.  Opening
up the "sound settings" show a bar labeled Banshee that's currently at
-30dB, so already very low - though I'm not sure that makes a difference, in
terms of the loudness difference between adjacent ticks on the Banshee app
volume slider.