Re: [Banshee-List] Can rip on one machine not the other... help.

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 1:34 PM, Adam  Tauno Williams
<awilliam whitemice org> wrote:
I have openSUSE x86_64 on two workstations.  Both have Banshee 2.6.0.  I
can rip CDs to MP3 on one machine, but I can only rip to OGG on the
other machine....  I've gone back and forth and they seem to have the
same software [gstreamer et al] install, in face the not-ripping box now
has more software installed [the result of frustration, I know...]

Any tips, idea, etc... what is the magical package that enables ripping
to MP3?  I always assumed this was "lame";  but lame is installed, same
version, on both workstations.

From the not-ripping workstation -

awilliam workstation:~> gst-inspect-1.0
[snip]

Banshee uses GStreamer 0.10, not GStreamer 1.x. Both version have
their own set of plugins.
So you should rather compare the output of gst-inspect-0.10, or
compare the list of packages related to GStreamer 0.10.

I would also suggest you to look for instructions specific to your
distro, as each distro has it's own way of making MP3 codecs
available.

--
Bertrand