Re: [Banshee-List] winamp popm rating tag - solution?

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 09:49:27AM -0700, qqu wrote:
Hello,
i know theres support for writing/reading rating (popm) tags in banshee. I
would like to use banshee for managing my library on Linux, but it is
unfortunately tagged in Windows' Winamp. Im curious, if would be possible to
add support for Winamp rating tag. I looked into StreamRatingTagger.cs and
found out there are various popm values for different players:
"quodlibet lists sacredchao net", "Windows Media Player 9 Series" etc. The
right winamp popm rating tag is rating winamp com //ive tested it with
quodlibet, which has feature to change its default popm rating tag, and it
works, but quodlibet can write only to id3v2.4, which is unsuitable for
me//. So would it be possible to add a new line with "rating winamp com" to
appropriate place in StreamRatingTagger.cs, compile etc and thus succesfully
allow winamp rating popm support?

It might. Why don't you give it a go and submit the patch if it works? You
should probably also look into updating the PopmToBanshee function in the same
file to add the range supported by rating winamp com

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin