[Banshee-List] Alarm Clock extension: Breaks normal operation of Banshee?

Hello,
Banshee 2.4.0
Linux Mint 13 Xfce
I installed the Alarm Clock Extension via Synaptic Package Manager -
2.4.0-1ubuntu1

Sound will now not play unless prompted to by the alarm. That is, sound will
not play unless the time is, say, 08:35, and the Alarm is Enabled for 08:35
[and Configure is set for the duration to be [whatever]?*].

The file plays - the ticker counts down. No sound. STRANGELY, this happens
even if the extension is disabled (edit > pref > alarm clock box unchecked
-> close/reopen banshee). Also even if the "Enable alarm" box is UNchecked
[also in conjunction with disabling, furthermore].

*Also: I could not get my sound to start unless I changed my duration to its
max (65k something, or something). Doesn't make any sense to me but this is
the report.

I downloaded this two nights ago. Because I couldn't decide what song I
wanted to wake up to, I ended up switching over to Windows for the night and
using an Alarm Clock program I know works. This is my first time since then
opening/using banshee.