Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee doesn't find a Sony Xperia U (on Ubuntu 12.10)

I don't have an straight answer to your problem. I own an Xperia arc, and always have trouble with Banshee. Are you mounting your phone as MTP or MSC? MTP I don't think you'll be that lucky to make it work, with MSC should be straight forward.
I'll also send you another email (not to the banshee list) with a better way to sync to your Xperia phone.