Re: [Banshee-List] have Banshee check for external tag edits

you should run Banshee from the command line with the --debug option and see if the library scan feature is working. You'll clearly see if you make a change somewhere else, Banshee will notice and update the database. If you don't see anything in the command line, or you see an error, you should report a bug.
I haven't had any problems with Library Watcher, I love it, so I really can't reproduce this.

PS: You should try kid3 (or kid3-qt that doesn't depend on kde libraries) it's way far superior than easytag, their implementation of ID3 tag is spot-on. I've notice that easytag doesn't give you as many options as kid3 (encoding mainlyand can mess up my music.

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 6:15 AM, Alex Bennee <kernel-hacker bennee com> wrote:
On 8 December 2011 04:10, Kevin Anthony <kevin s anthony gmail com> wrote:
> so today it worked, a few days ago it didn't?
>
> That happens to me, sometimes banshee doesn't scan at all, but a few minutes
> later, it does

Yeah I'm seeing the same issue when making edits with easytag. Banshee
doesn't seem to pick up the changes even with the rescan option.

Is there a way to query the banshee database to see when the meta-data
was last loaded from the files?

--
Alex, homepage: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/
http://www.half-llama.co.uk