Re: [Banshee-List] [banshee] Re-enable AAC profile bgo#612741

2012/6/29 Andres G. Aragoneses <knocte gmail com>:
> On 29/06/12 18:24, gnomeuser gmail com wrote:
>>
>> 2012/6/29 Andres G. Aragoneses <knocte gmail com>:
>>>

>>> Guys, shouldn't this be enabled only when we raise taglib-sharp dep in
>>> the
>>> configure phase?
>>

>> Consensus in the room is that we do not bump dependency requirements
>> for bug fixes. We will recommend the updated version and the builds we
>

> I generally agree with this, but given master will be 2.5.x which is a major
> version change, I think an exception could be done so the development
> releases depend on the bleeding edge and developers testing these releases
> can have the whole "ideal stack".

I do tend to agree that we really want to encourage everyone to be on
a known stable release. However this is likely mostly going to affect
the OS X build since that is likely where we are going to see things
like importing iTunes libraries with lots of .m4a files. That build is
entirely in our control and I will bump the bockbuild the second there
is a new release.

>> put out for OS X and Linux will of course be against the new upcoming
>> release. Regardless the errors are only for certain aac files and it
>> is not fatal as in eating data or crashing Banshee.
>
> I thought it was causing a crash, sorry.

It's still not pretty though, you get files imported with bad or empty
tags which leaves the visual experience rather crappy but it is not
fatal and with the Last.fm fingerprinter we can typically autocorrect
them if I remember correctly.