Re: [Banshee-List] Annoying bug, sometimes some tracks are not played

glicioto wrote

> I'm experiencing a strange banshee behaviour.
>
> I have all my music files (aiff, flac, some wav) on a NAS connected thanks
> to NFS protocol and regularly mounted at each log-in. Sometimes banshee
> plays regularly some tracks (usually the first in the list) then, when it
> moves to the next song, I can only see the track progress indicator that
> moves very quickly without any sound being reproduced. The problem is that
> when banshee behaves like that, it normally skips (in the way I tried to
> descrive above) all the subsequent songs and I have to double-click on the
> track title to hear something.
>
> This happened to me with different ubuntu releases (currently it happens
> on a lubuntu 11.10, but also on a ubuntu 11.10). It is really bad because
> I love banshee as a music player in my media laptop. If necessary,
> considers that the pc I'm using is connected to the network using a
> standard cable, not via wifi. Banshee is of course the last available for
> ubuntu repositories.
>
> Thanks for helping
>
> LB

Hi

I'm a newbie who just loaded Linux Mint Maya (Cinnamon) this afternoon and
your problem was an early "feature" I struck.  Am running a dual-boot
Win7/Mint box with the music sitting in AIF format on another NTFS formatted
disk.  Each track initially jumped along the progress bar quite a bit, then
settled down to just jumping 6-7 seconds into the new track and playing from
there.

Seem to have solved the issue just by unchecking the "Enable gapless
playback" (Edit > Preferences) option...anyway, whatever, works for me and I
haven't had a single issue with jumping in the half hour since I altered the
option.

Cheers
Macca