[Banshee-List] Ipod sync always deletes songs

Hi all,

I searched around for a bit on this, but couldn't find any answer...if it's
an old problem, please point me in the right direction

I have a large music library, and would like my Ipod to sync to only a
select portion of the library. I have set up a playlist with all the songs I
would like on the Ipod, and add to the playlist periodically. Whenever I
plug in my Ipod and try to sync it, Banshee says it needs to delete ALL the
songs already on my Ipod and transfer them ALL back on. This is a long and
arduous process as it is an 80GB Ipod. How do I get out of this mess??