[Banshee-List] My ipod stopped syncing to Banshee, what should I do?

I've been using Banshee for my ipod nano 4th gen 8gb for months with no
problems. Although randomly it stopped being able to sync to banshee. It
would show the loading bar and finish but then it would just say "Preparing
to Sync." So I went and updated ubuntu (from 11.04 to 11.10) hoping it would
fix. Nope. I went and downloaded Amarok ( a different itunes alternative),
but it couldn't recognize it and asked me what kind of ipod it was. I told
it but accidently disconnected it afterwards. My ipod says it has 0 songs on
it now.. But when I look at the ipod file system from my computer it has
fully playable mp3's on it. All of my songs are still on there. I'm so
confused. What should I do to get my music back on my ipod?