Re: [Banshee-List] A song and dance about GSoC 2012

On 07/02/2012 19:52, olivier dufour wrote:
> XWT is not enough mature. A lot of things in not in XWT currently. We will
> lost some important features because banshee use a lot of custom widget.
>
> I have talk to luis this weekend and it need a gtk3 backend. I offer my help
> for that but I need time for that.
>
> For me the issue is not gtk3 backend but the lack of maturity and the
> regression we will get with it...

I'm against this as well. My beef with Xwt (and pretty much every other toolkit
that claims to be a cross-platform thing) is that the end-result usually looks
and/or feels crappy.

WxWidgets is a great example of this. It has a Gtk+ backend, but applications
made with WxWidgets look like some bastard child of Windows and Gtk+ combined,
rather than having the standard and consistent feel of a native Gtk+ application.

This quote from the README further confirms my fears:-

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin