Re: [Banshee-List] Voice Recognition for Banshee

Hi Folks,

I've added pocketsphinx for Banshee as a community extension.
please install pocketsphinx and sphinxbase from http://cmusphinx.sourceforge.net/wiki/download/ and follow the steps in

Unix-like Installation

http://cmusphinx.sourceforge.net/wiki/tutorialpocketsphinx

To test installation, run pocketsphinx_continuous and check that it recognizes words you are saying to the microphone.

if it is working correctly build the community extensions following http://banshee.fm/contribute/write-extensions/ .

voicecontrol extension can play the selected track to the voice command "PLAY" and pause the track to the voice command "PAUSE" .
There is a known bug as below.

Stacktrace:

Native stacktrace:

banshee() [0x80e126c]
banshee() [0x812046c]
banshee() [0x805fe7d]
[0x4002040c]
[0x40e72d88]
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0(g_closure_invoke+0x1ac) [0x4169dc4c]

Debug info from gdb:

Could not attach to process.  If your uid matches the uid of the target
process, check the setting of /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope, or try
again as the root user.  For more details, see /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf
ptrace: Operation not permitted.
No threads.

Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.

/bin/bash: line 3: 10805 Aborted                 banshee --uninstalled --debug
make: *** [run] Error 134

The problem must be with the C code in the extension. I'm unable to figure it out.
Please be kind to test this and let me know any suggestions to correct the code.
The code is not cleaned as I'm testing it.
Please be kind to suggest me a way to debug the code through mono IDE when developing a community extension.

Thanks..!!

Cheers,
Udesh

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 7:10 PM, gnomeuser gmail com <gnomeuser gmail com> wrote:
2012/1/17 olivier dufour <olivier duff gmail com>:
> Hi,
>
> Best is to ask on banshee mailing list.

I would generally be in favor, it would be a good accessibility
feature. I know several people who would benefit from commanding
Banshee (and other apps) with their voice instead of their regular
input such as  a chin joystick