Re: [Banshee-List] Browsing the Amazon store crashes Banshee

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 2:18 AM, Jon Cosby <lists seablues net> wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 18:29:26 +0200, Bertrand Lorentz
> <bertrand lorentz gmail com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Jon Cosby <lists seablues net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Is anyone else having trouble with the Amazon extension? I can't browse
>>> past
>>> the first or second page. Banshee closes with a segmentation fault. I
>>> just
>>> upgraded to 2.4, but this has been a problem for me since 2.3.
>>>
>>> --------------------------------
>>> ZgChartWidgetController
>>>
>>> Attempting to load the system libmoon
>>> Moonlight: Forcing client-side rendering because we detected binary
>>> drivers
>>> which are known to suffer performance problems.
>>> * Assertion: should not be reached at domain.c:1270
>>>
>>> Segmentation fault
>>> --------------------------------
>>

>> I've seen another report with a similar error message, and it seems
>> moonlight (an open source implementation of Silverlight) interferes
>> with the embedded web browser used for the Amazon store.
>> Try uninstalling moonlight and see if it helps.
>

> Thanks, that worked. Why is Banshee calling Moonlight, anyway? I thought
> Amazon was Flash-based.

Banshee is not intentionally calling Moonlight. My guess is that
Moonlight is registered as a browser plugin, and somehow gets loaded
when Banshee uses WebKit to display the Amazon web site. But I haven't
yet gotten around to try to reproduce the problem.

--
Bertrand Lorentz