Re: [Banshee-List] OpenSUSe Repos still have version 2.3.1

Hi,

I don't even know if those repositories are even maintained in the
current days. I've done my last commit over 4 months ago, but I
noticed that someone unlinked the 'banshee' package from
Banshee:Unstable and the Banshee repo I don't know either.

Please file a bug report on bugzilla[1] and request a service update
for openSUSE 12.1 concerning Banshee 2.4. Someone from the GNOME
people will see it and submit a request to openSUSE Maintainership
Team. This usually takes some time since it often goes to testing
before the update is released. That's your best odd of having Banshee
updated.

Another option is also to install Banshee from the GNOME:Apps
repository where it's being maintained. To use this repository it's
adivisable that you have some good knowledge on repository handling on
openSUSE as it may lead to problems if other apps get updated
(GNOME:Apps has a lot of things and a 'zypper dup' will most likely
create some commotion on your system).

Best of luck

NM