[Banshee-List] ID3v2.3 tags

I am using Banshee (2.01) to rip CD's to MP3 on my Ubuntu Lucid machine. The
tags are written as ID3v2.4, which are ignored by my player as it only reads
ID3v2.3.

I know this is probably a Gstreamer thing, but does anyone know how to write
the tags correctly for my player during the rip.

P.S. I know I can use tag editing software after ripping, but I don't want
to go through that extra step.