Re: [Banshee-List] Sort playlist by track number

I figured out that in case of a compilation, the "Album" metadata contains the original album.
When asked to sort by track number, the version of Banshee still keeps the Artist/Album order and sorts locally for each Artist/Album - hence the case of "miss-sorting".
I guess it is a design issue and not a bug.

Thanks for looking into it.

- Viraj

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 5:24 AM, [hidden email] [via Banshee Media Player] <[hidden email]> wrote:
2011/10/23 virajbdeshpande <[hidden email]>:
> Sort playlist by track number needs to automatically detect numbers so that
> after sorting we get the order 1<2<3 rather that 1<10<11<2

sorting happens on the track and disc number tags, it should correctly
sort 1, 2... 10, 11... 20 and so on. Are you sure your track metadata
is set correctly?

- David