Re: [Banshee-List] Cleaning DB after moving music

El 27/09/11 03:34, linasj escribió:
Hi,

I have implemented a small utility that lets me move files from one
directory to another and also updates the banshee database with the new
location of the file (as such it preserves all the information that was
related to the files being moved - such as rating, number of times played,
etc).

The utility is written in Scala and can be found here:
https://github.com/bro1/movemusic

At the moment you can:
1. move a file from one location to another
2. move all files from a specified directory to another existing directory
3. move all files from a specified directory to a new directory

Known issues: the old directory does not get deleted automatically.

Linas

Hi Linas, thanks so much for your work!

Unfortunately I think there is a feature in Banshee that landed on version 2.1.0 which just lets you do this without the need of your workaound/helper:

- If you have LibraryWatcher enabled and Banshee is running, just move the files and the DB should get updated. (This was present even before 2.1.0) - If you don't have Banshee running or LibraryWatcher disabled, just use Rescan Music Library menu option and the DB will get updated with the new paths of the files that were moved. (Present since 2.1.0)

Cheers.

  Andres