[Banshee-List] Equalizer menu is greyed out.

I've built 2.2.1 under Debian Squeeze.  It was built as a .deb package in a
VM and was successful.  Installing the .deb package in the VM works fine.  I
can select the equalizer menuitem from the View menu.

When I installed the package on my main OS (also Squeeze), the equalizer
menuitem is greyed out.  I've compared the libs from the VM to those
currently installed on my main OS but could not detect any differences.

What library must I install to get access to the equalizer?

Thanks.