[Banshee-List] Another GSoC project idea

One of the things I've been thinking about for Banshee for a long time is how to make it the de facto media player on the platform, for all media. How to completely replace rb (done) and totem (in progress). The biggest use case that banshee doesn't cover is just a very simple audio/video player, with no library management, to just play a one off file that you downloaded from the net. DVD was step 1 of this, so that it would be in the platform, step 2 was to make a very simple UI dvd player that could load the banshee media bits, but leave behind the db and collection management. Something very nice could be done to import these one offs if so desired.

Designing and implementing this would be a great gsoc project, which I could volunteer to mentor.

--
--Alex Launi