Re: [Banshee-List] A criticism of the Podcast interface

can you open a bug with your remark.
So we will not lost it...
and we can talk about the state of podcast view.

Olivier Dufour

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 6:20 PM, raghos <carlos eldiabloenlosdetalles net> wrote:
Hello,

I've been using Banshee for ages, and it over that time it has improved in
almost every way. However, I have some criticisms of the podcast UI which
really bother me (particularly as I use it a lot):

- The right panel wastes a lot of space! Compare this to the much nicer
Music view, where tons of albums fit in the same space. Maybe the devs were
thinking it'd be nice to have the date and summary of the episode, but I
wonder how much people care about this. I'd much prefer having a more
compact view.

- Speaking of space, the top left panel just has two possible items on the
list: "new" and "all". I'm not sure what the rationale was for using
"Archived" instead of the more familiar "Old", but "Archived" vs. "New"
doesn't seem as clear to me.

- The use of the Download icon next to each podcast seems weird: to me, this
means "click here to download", but instead it means "This has been
downloaded". it is also very small. I think a much clearer way to show what
has been downloaded and has not been is needed here. What about changing the
background color of the listing, or and icon next to the name (but see next
comment).

Overall, I believe the music view is much, much better than the podcast view
right now, and I'd prefer that the podcast's icon was shown with the
podcast's name, and that the episodes were listed in a compact way, with
just the date included, and maybe with a "More Info" or something of the
sort in the context menu for the description.

My 2 cents. Thanks!

Carlos