[Banshee-List] Documenting our policy for stable releases

Hi everyone,

As you might know, Ubuntu is rather conservative about what can be
updated after the distribution has been released.
In order to have our stable releases (like 2.0.1) included into their
regular updates, they have recently asked us to document our policy
for accepting changes into our stable branch.

In order to do that, I have just created the following wiki page, with
a first draft based on a description by hyperair and my understanding
of our practice for the past 2 years :

https://live.gnome.org/Banshee/StableReleasesPolicy

I don't expect anything ground-breaking, as we've been operating with
unwritten rules like these for quite a while now. But feel free to
clarify or correct this wiki page, and add anything I might have
missed.

Cheers,

--
Bertrand Lorentz