[Banshee-List] Skipping the 2.1.1 release, full steam ahead towards 2.1.2

Hi everyone,

According to our release schedule [1], we were supposed to release
Banshee 2.1.1 last week. As you might have noticed, this was not the
case. Because of the small number of code changes in git master since
2.1.0, we decided to skip the 2.1.1 release. The next release will be
2.1.2, to be released on July 13th as originally planned.

But fear not, nobody has been slacking off !
As we announced at the beginning of the 2.1.x cycle [2], our first
focus is porting Banshee to Gtk# 3. We are working towards that in a
separate branch in our git repository. There's already been some
significant progress, both in Hyena [3] and Banshee itself [4], mainly
thanks to the hard work of Andrés and Olivier.

There's also been great progress on our GStreamer# backend [5],
bringing closer and closer to feature parity with our current C
GStreamer backend. This will benefit people running Banshee on
Windows, and everyone who loves C#.

Apart from participating in those efforts themselves, there are
several ways you can help during this phase :
- Respond to and triage bug reports on our bug tracker [6]
- Review and comment on submitted patches [7]
- Answer questions and help out on this mailing list and on IRC

To make it short : keep on rocking !

[1] http://banshee.fm/about/calendar/
[2] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/banshee-list/2011-April/msg00336.html
[3] http://git.gnome.org/browse/hyena/log/?h=gtk3