Re: [Banshee-List] Exporting playlist to iPod, flac to mp3, file size problem

On 06/11/2011 10:55 PM, lister171254 wrote:
I'm running version 2.0.0 on Ubuntu 11 and found a problem similar to a
problem reported (and solved) in 2009.

I have a playlist of FLAC songs that I'm trying to sync to an iPod.  They
are correctly the converted to MP3, as per the iPod "Device Properties", and
the converted files appear correctly in the iPod's file system, with
reasonable files sizes (generally 3-8 MB). However, the syncing process
stops prematurely when the iPod gets "full" after about 300 songs.

The iPod capacity graphic is all blue, indicating a full iPod, and Banshee
refuses to add additional songs to it.  The capacity of the iPod is 4GB so
with an average size of the converted songs, I should only have about 1.8GB.

If I disconnect and reconnect the iPod to Banshee it reports correctly that
the iPod is less than 50% full.

There is already a bug filed about Banshee miscalculating the space left on the device when using transcoding. There is a patch on the bug so it could be helpful if you tried the patch and told us if it works for you.
Thanks