Re: [Banshee-List] Whats the purpose of musicbrainz related code in banshee?

I'm fairly sure that in addition to getting album art, MusicBrainz is also used for getting track metadata when you insert a CD.  It would be great to integrate a Picard-style metadata correction feature that uses MusicBrainz as its source, but so far no one has done it (that I know of).  The last.fm fingerprint extension is a good option, but I think it's only available to people with a last.fm account, and at this point it requires authentication once (or more) every session because Banshee doesn't store user login information in the keyring.