[Banshee-List] Updated Ubuntu, ipod database needed rebuilding

Using Ubuntu 10.04 with iPod Classic.

Hello, my ipod classic was working fine with Banshee.

I downloaded some podcasts, unlplugged it, listened to the podcasts, I
downloaded some ubuntu updates, then plugged it in the next day. and I got a
"Can't read this ipod message" then it asked if I wanted to rebuild the
database.

I thought, that was strange, but figured, oh well. I guess I'll try
rebuilding it

Since it said "you will lose playlists" and I don't really use playlists, so
that was fine. I rebuilt it and all my songs were gone.
To boot, I still get the "cant' read ipod" message and it's asking me to
rebuild again.

2) By playlists I thought the groupings of songs under the playlist section,
but apparently it meant "all the songs on the ipod" or something went wrong.

What could be going on here?