[Banshee-List] Banshee on KDE and how to load ipod touch 2.Gen?

Hi all, This is what I'm using at the moment

Kubuntu 64bit
kernel 2.6.35-24-generic
KDE 4.5.1
Banshee 1.8.0.0
ipod touch 2.Gen version 4.2.1

Even though I'm on KDE I have had no problems at all with Banshee, I love
it. Yesterday I got very excited when by accident I saw that Banshee had
recognized my ipod touch, however it was not recognizing any files at all, I
simply got a folder icon with a "?" in the middle. When I tried to sync I
got the following message,

"The mp3 format is not supported by the device, an no converter was found to
convert"

When I installed ifuse, Bashee  stopped recognizing the ipod touch
altogether, however my ipod 4.Gen nano video is now going full steam ahead.

Does anyone have any advice on this? are there any dependencies etc. that
are different for the ipod touch etc. If you think the problem is KDE
related please let me know and thats thats, no probs. Also Dolphin file
manager and amarok can not find the ipod touch but Kinfocenter can.

Any help would be appreciated, it's an interesting problem I would like to
solve.

Cheers