[Banshee-List] trouble with first generation Ipod shuffle

Hello , can you please help me?I have used Banshee on Linux Mint 9 and the only problem I had was that I had to get rid of Libgpod-common to make it work. But now I am using Mint 10 .I formatted and reinstalled music on my Ipod and it plays fine the ipod. but when i put it on banshe i see the album art work, the music plays, but it does not show a list of songs.and instead of music in says other.Do i need to reset my ipod to original settings?i tried to but can not find the reset button on itunes . can not see one. although it plays fine andi can listen to the ipod but when i load songs from banshee they show up but do not play. Please help. I do not want to have to use windows. thank you.