Re: [Banshee-List] Website, user giide, etc, should be git branches

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 6:41 PM, Matt Sturgeon <mttza1 gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I was thinking that in order to provide a better platform for maintinance,
> development and contribution, the banshee website (banshee.fm) and user
> guide should be git branches, either hosted on the banshee web server
> itself, github or the gnome git. Or you could easily set it up as a bazaar
> repository on launchpad...
>
> But basically this would allow bug reporters, etc, to browse the source of
> the site and guide, make patches, and fix bugs/implement new features easier
> and faster.

Thank you for your suggestions, we're always looking for ways to make
contributing to Banshee easier.

The banshee.fm website is a WordPress instance, the data is stored in
a MySQL database. So putting the site content under source control is
not really feasible right now.
Were you thinking about specific changes to the web site ?

If there's a need for some collaborative editing, I think this can
happen on the GNOME wiki, like David has been doing :
http://live.gnome.org/Banshee

If by "user guide", you mean the user help available in Banshee
through the Help > Contents menu, it is already part of the banshee
main git repository :
http://git.gnome.org/browse/banshee/tree/help/C

--
Bertrand Lorentz