Re: [Banshee-List] Secondary sort order in Banshee

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 1:47 PM, iljajj <iljajj gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Apologies for re-posting, but I now realize I phrased my original question
> somewhat clumsily.
>
> What I'd like to do is to set a secondary and tertiary sort order, much as
> is used in iTunes. I've been weighing the pros and cons of Banshee and
> Songbird and unfortunately the Songbird developers appear uninterested in
> the matter. Since I have a collection consisting mainly of classical music,
> being able to sort by composer and then album is essential for a collection
> not ending up like a mess.
>
> Ideally, the sort hierarchy needs to be thus: Composer > Album > Artist
>
> Does anyone know of a way to achieve this?

Banshee currently doesn't allow you to set a secondary sort order.
But for certain primary sort criteria, when it makes sense, it has
other sort criteria. For example, if you sort by Artist, it will also
sort by album (secondary criteria) and then by disc number.

Currently, for the Composer field there is no secondary criteria. I
don't use the Composer field myself, but I think the hierarchy makes
sense. Any other opinions from Composer fans ?

In any case, please file this as an enhancement request, so that we
can keep track of it:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=banshee

--
Bertrand Lorentz