Re: [Banshee-List] Two Banshees, One Library

2011/11/25 MPBotti <botti marcelo gmail com>:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have a laptop with two OS´s (Windows and Ubuntu with dual boot). I also
> have Banshee installed in both OS´s, and want to share the same music
> library. Is there a way to do this, so both Banshees can access the same
> database?

The easiest way is to put the content on a shared partition. I e.g.
put my stuff on my NAS, I then setup Banshee to manage music in
/path/where/nas/is/mounted/whatever. If you want to go beyond that and
share the actual database between both instances of Banshee I would
recommend against that. That way I can have the same content on both
OS X and Fedora which is quite handy.

Regardless you can put the stuff on a partition both systems can read
and simply set Banshee to look there. You will need to rescan the
collection (tools->rescan..) for music added in one OS to show up in
another but aside that it should work.