Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee 2.2 and previous version & the difference;

Re: Banshee 2.2 and previous version & the difference;

email between I and another -

Generally it is best to wait until your distribution gets around to updating
an application.  It install outside of the distribution, but that is
generally
not a great idea.  Does the 2.2 have some particular feature that you are
missing in 1.6 and desperately need?

Rich

On Thursday, December 01, 2011 01:10:05 pm you wrote:
> Hi Rich, a quick question, how do - would I go about downloading and
> installing, say, a update, ie: Banshee media player, as what I have on
> this Linux is: Banshee 1.6.1, and per the Banshee website, (they) say
> Banshee 2.2 is available now, BUT, here's the thing, if the new version
> isn't/doesn't reveal in Update Manager, AND Ubuntu Software Center, then
> just how am I suppose to update current/present Banshee 1.6.1 to 2.2,
> despite I am a (newbie, new person) on Linux? Because I know with Wondows,
> install's, misc are so much easier. But Linux, they say online, "the
> source code is this, or that" < code? Sounds real  . . . programmer's
> like, hence, not my kind of language, know what I mean?
>
> Also, unlike iTunes, how do I 'ensure' that amidst and while if a update
> of
> Banshee 1.6.1 to 2.2 will take my music library WITH - into newer Banshee
> 2.2?

-----
You can find me anywhere on the web/internet by searching: jeffreydavidmorris, jeffmorris269, jeffmorris69. MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Tribe.net and vast etc elsewhere on web/internet; Meantime, feel free to visit me on my website: http://www.jeffreydavidmorris.com