Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee Repositories on openSUSE

2011/12/1 Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>:
> Hi Nelson !
>
> On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 8:00 PM, Nelson Marques <nmo marques gmail com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I would like to point everyone that I've done maintenance on the
>> Banshee Repositories for openSUSE this afternoon, and a brief
>> explanation of what happened in case users hang around asking for
>> help:
>>
>>  * Banshee (https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=Banshee)
>>   + Removed all repositories from unsupported or end of life
>> platforms (this includes openSUSE 11.3 and previous);
>>   + Renamed the repositories to become coherent with the platform, as
>> some of the previous repositories we not coherent at all;
>>
>>  * Banshee:Unstable
>> (https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=Banshee:Unstable)
>>   + Removed all repositories except for:
>>      - openSUSE 12.1
>>      - openSUSE Factory
>>      - openSUSE Tumbleweed
>>

>> Furthermore, anyone with repositories configured is adviced to upgrade
>> the repository links. They are all broken now as I've changed the name
>> of the repositories in a more coherent way. Please update.
>>
>> Banshee.FM webpage: please update download links as the repository
>> build targets changed and they might not be working.
>
> Thanks for the heads up !
> I've updated the download page for openSUSE, but it'd be great if
> someone could double check what I've done.
> By the way, this allowed me to notice that all the "1-Click install"
> button were broken, because of the banshee-1 -> banshee renaming.
> Again, if someone on openSUSE could check that they now really work,
> that'd be helpful.

Bertrand,

I will test them soon, I need my other laptop for doing so. This one
only has Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

> Going through the link, I notice the Alpha repo hasn't been updated in a while :
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Banshee:/Alpha/
> Should I remove the link to that repo (in "Snapshot/Alpha Releases") ?
> Is there anything for openSUSE users who want to live on the Banshee
> bleeding edge ?

I never touched that repository and no one ever complained. You can
remove it and I can remove it on my end as well. I doubt anyone really
needs Banshee daily snapshots. Unless we could get it fully
automatized (and we needed a custom spec for it), it's utterly
useless.

> I'm also looking forward to having a "Banshee for Enterprise Linux",
> because you need to listen to good music while writing that report for
> your boss ! ;)

Depends mainly on your boss, mine is a cool one... :)

> I'd be happy to add it to the download page when it's ready.

I need the Mono:EL6 to be populated first and properly tested. My
first tests do allow Banshee to run, but it shatters with:

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type
'Banshee.ServiceStack.DBusServiceManager' from assembly
'Banshee.Services, Version=2.2.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=null'.
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeLoadException: Could not
load type 'Banshee.ServiceStack.DBusServiceManager' from assembly
'Banshee.Services, Version=2.2.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=null'.

This is from packages rebuilt for EL6 from Fedora... That's one of the
reasons why I started repackaging the upstream mono packages from
openSUSE to RHEL, so I can have a Mono install that I feel mroe
confortable.

NM