Re: [Banshee-List] Adding skip through track/ progress bar to the music icon at top of screen?

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 1:08 PM, beebul <beebul gmail com> wrote:
> I am a newbie Ubuntu (11.04) user and loving it and loving Banshee... however
> I have a little 'gripe'..
>
> Is it possible to have a skip through track/ progress bar in the sound icon
> notification area, so that I don't have to go to the full application to
> jump through my podcasts or skip through long songs?
>
> So if I could have a slider on the bar below to enable me to skip through 1
> hour podcasts that would be great.
>
> http://banshee-media-player.2283330.n4.nabble.com/file/n3770543/eplcl.jpg
>
> Sorry if this has been answered/ asked before, I'm not sure of the
> terminology which makes searching difficult!

The content of the sound menu itself is not provided by Banshee, we
just provide the information and the means to control Banshee.
The user interface of the sound menu is implemented in a package
called indicator-sound, which is part of the Ayatana project.

So I'd suggest you contact the Ubuntu people with your suggestion.

--
Bertrand Lorentz