Re: [Banshee-List] MP4

On 19 April 2011 20:26, Michael Knepher <mknepher bluethingy com> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 12:15 PM, le_friwi <gregbzh gmail com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a new user of Banshee & like it so far. The only problem I have is that
> my music files in MPEG 4/MP4 format are not recognised by Banshee, therefore
> I can't play them.  They are, however, recognisable and playable in
> Rhythmbox.  Are these files compatible with Banshee or am I not looking in
> the right place?

If Rhythmbox can play them (under the same account, I presume?) then
Banshee should be able to also, since they're both using gstreamer for
codec support. Are you getting an error report when you try to import
any of these files into the Banshee library?

More information such as distro, Banshee version, gstreamer version,
might be useful.

The output log from starting from the terminal with "banshee --debug" (or "banshee-1 --debug" if pre 2.0) may also be useful.