Re: [Banshee-List] Missing build dependency?

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Jeff Van Epps <lordbah lordbah com> wrote:
> Grabbed the source and all dependencies as instructed at
> http://banshee.fm/download/development/ .
> Went to run ./autogen.sh and it complained "Could not run automake".
> Error message is out of buffer now, so I went to run it again and it
> complained "Could not run ./configure". Apparently something changed by
> running it once. Preceding error message is much better this time:
>
> checking for LIBGPODSHARP... no
> configure: error: libgpod-sharp was not found or is not up to date.
> Please install libgpod-sharp of at least version 0.1, or disable Apple
> device support by passing --disable-appledevice
> Error: Could not run ./configure, which is required to configure banshee
>
> No package named libgpod-sharp. Installed libgpod-cil-dev and
> libgpod-cil and ran ./autogen.sh yet again. This time it seemed happy.
>
> Ran make. Success.

>From the package names I'm guessing you're using Ubuntu, or maybe Debian ?
Do you have the Banshee PPA listed in your apt sources
(https://launchpad.net/~banshee-team/+archive/ppa) ?

The "apt-get build-dep banshee" only brings the build dependencies for
the version of Banshee that is or would be installed. And libgpod is a
new dependency, present in version 1.7.5 and above.

I just checked, the package for 1.8.0 in the stable PPA has
"libgpod-cil-dev (>= 0.7.95)" as a build dependency.

--
Bertrand Lorentz