[Banshee-List] Banshee crash on Startup (AppleDevice)

Banshee Version: 1.8 (from the stable PPA)
Linux version:      Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (lucid)

I logged a bug in Launchpad (#654469)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/banshee/+bug/654469
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/banshee/+bug/654469  about this
and I am beginning to think it was the wrong place.

Basically, Banshee is crashing on my Desktop machine just after the main
window appears.

Excerpt of the log from $HOME/.config/banshee-1 is:

[Info 09:11:19.198] AppleDeviceSource is ignoring unmounted volume 21 GB
Filesystem
[Warn 09:11:19.201] Caught an exception - System.InvalidOperationException:
Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object (in
`Banshee.Dap.AppleDevice')
  at Banshee.Dap.AppleDevice.AppleDeviceSource.DeviceInitialize (IDevice
device) [0x00000]
  at Banshee.Dap.DapService.FindDeviceSource (IDevice device) [0x00000]

The 21 GB Fileystem that it just ignored is a NTFS Windows XP partition,
that I rarely use, nowadays.

Banshee 1.8 is working on a VM and my laptop fine.

If you want me to open an upstream bug I will do so, otherwise I have
attached the full log to the bug report on Launchpad.net.